Roofs perform such an essential function that “keeping a roof over your head” is synonymous with the very concept of shelter. When it comes to maintaining your investment, the smartest money you spend could be on a new roof. Nationally, the average homeowner spends about $6,600 to install a new roof, with certain cities like Canton ($7,500) being higher than average, and others being below average like Austin, TX ($6,100). It’s important to note that this price can fluctuate depending on many factors, including:
- Roof size
- Pitch (steep roofs take a lot more time and materials to cover than a flat roof)
- Type of application (how it’s installed on your roof deck)
- Materials used
- Number of layers (could involve taking off old layers, which takes more time)
- Where you live (material prices and requirements by roofers vary by region)
- Code requirements for your roof
- If you have a lot of skylights, chimneys, plumbing pipes or other adornments that need to be addressed during the installation
So while a $13,000 roof might be high, understood that your roofer has a good reason. There is a lot of time, effort and equipment involved in keeping your roof up to snuff. What is outlined in this cost guide are some more in-depth prices to give you a more realistic sense of professional roof installation costs and what’s involved in the process. Always be sure to get quotes from at least 3 to 4 roofers so you get a good range that’s within $2,000 – $3,000. Never take the lowball bid!
If you don’t need a new roof, then you may want to contact a Roof Replacement Contractor. The rates and services of a handyman can vary widely depending on the market and handyman. A handyman (or handywoman) is a skilled generalist. Some jurisdictions require them to be licensed, but the term applies to a jack-of-all-trades who performs minor repairs or construction tasks on residential sites.
Article Source – Angieslist